The Steel Mini Roller Coaster is a roller coaster type in RollerCoaster Tycoon. It is a combination of the Junior Roller Coaster and the Mini Roller Coaster. For this reason, it was split in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. This move has not been without controversy, as this roller coaster type is very cheap, easy to build and versatile. In addition, it's usually available at the start of RCT1 scenarios.
This coaster type is being reintroduced in OpenRCT2, but is now called "Classic Mini Roller Coaster", in order to avoid confusion with the Mini Roller Coaster. Currently, only the Rocket Cars are available, with the reintroduction of the RCT1 ladybird, log and spinning cars planned.
Track has steel running rails with cross-bracing. Supports are made of square section posts. Trains are held on the track by wheels above, below, and outside the running rails.
Special Track Elements
- Banked curves (Loopy Landscapes and onward)
- Helix (Loopy Landscapes and onward)
- Curved lift hill
- Booster (OpenRCT2 only)
- Maximum track slope - 60°
- Lift hill maximum slope - 25° (straight and curved)
- Maximum height above ground - 13 metres (65 feet)
- Continuous circuit mode
- Reversed-Incline launched shuttle mode
- Continuous circuit blocked section mode (OpenRCT2 only)
- Crazy Caterpillar
- Raging Rocket
- Roller Coaster 1 (Tutorial)
- Arachnophobia (Diamond Heights)
- Runaway Plumber (Katie's Dreamland)
- Tree Topper (Ivory Towers)
- Hiccup (Gentle Glen)
- Whiplash (Fiasco Forest)
- Roller Coaster 1 (Paradise Pier 2)
- Roller Coaster 1 (Nevermore Park)
- Big Bug (Megaworld Park)
- Rickety Rockets (Megaworld Park)
- Spinner (Megaworld Park)
- Black Hole (Alton Towers)
- Space Invader (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
- Cheaper than other types of roller coasters, but can't be built as tall.
- This ride is stylistically very similar to the Junior Roller Coaster in RCT2 and RCTC.
- The Spinning cars cannot be used on tracks with banked curves.
- OpenRCT2, unlike RCT2, supports importing Steel Mini track designs from RCT1. It also supports boosters on this ride type, which were added to the Junior Roller Coaster in RCTC.