RollerCoaster Tycoon World or RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 is an upcoming game slated for early to mid 2015, and created by Atari and an unknown developer, previously Area 52 Games. It's the fourth installment of the official PC series, and the sixth overall.
On 14 August 14 2010, fans of the RollerCoaster Tycoon games were asked by Atari officials (through their forums) what they would like to see implemented in a fourth installment of the game. They also stated that they were "thinking hard about the next RollerCoaster Tycoon game on PC". Many fans assumed that this meant a fourth installment was in development. However, this was not true and Atari took the thread down.
In 2013, RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 was supposedly announced to be under development by Red Coin Games, with a trailer on YouTube. However, Red Coin Games has confirmed that this trailer was fake, with no word on if the actual game was in development. Though some claim to have heard rumors of Dreampark Studio to be made by Red Coin Games.
On 11 March 2014, RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 has apparently been teased by Atari on their Facebook and Twitter pages. Fans assumed it could be a mobile game, as a #RCT4M hashtag was used. 
A fourth installment in the series was officially announced on 16 March 2014. On 18 March, Atari announced on their Twitter profile that RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 computer game was in development, and a mobile game would be released soon.
The trailer for the mobile game got extremely negative reviews, with over 5,000 dislikes in just days after uploading. As a response to this, the Atari stated on the official RollerCoaster Tycoon Facebook page: We hear everyone's comments on the new RollerCoaster Tycoon game and want to let you all know that the mobile game and PC experience will be 2 completely different games. Both games will release this year. The mobile game will include social features (sharing with friends, leaderboards) and the PC experience will have even more features and functionality. We are excited to bring these games to you soon!
Fans were still concerned about the PC game not being of decent quality due to the 6 months' development time. However, Atari later stated that the game would be coming in sometime in 2015, not necessarily early within the year.
On August 12, 2014 Atari officially announced RollerCoaster Tycoon World as a full PC game.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile was released on 14 April 2014.
Atari has also announced features for the game on the games official website. These include:
- Innovative Track Builder: Create the coolest and wildest coasters imaginable with our best track editor ever!
- First-Time 3D Builder: For the first time, tracks can be fully manipulated in 3D.
- Full Selection of Pre-Built Park Assets: Design your very own park with a plethora of choices of various rides, attractions, shops, decorations and more. Personalize your park by selecting different preset locations to build the ultimate theme park. Additionally, Custom Scenery will be available as a free update post launch.
- Ride Your Coasters: Climb aboard and ride your coasters using multiple camera angles, including first-person view.
- Online and Single Player Modes: Play online with friends or other players by creating and saving new parks in the cloud and joining a theme park company; you can also play on your own in single player mode.
- Run a Theme Park Company: Team-up with friends to create and run a theme park company and compete with others worldwide while earning rewards and climbing the global leaderboards.
- Play with Friends: See the progress of your friend’s parks when connected through Steam or Facebook and watch them grow. Invite them to join your company and trade coaster designs!
- Visit Other Parks: Enter and navigate other parks created by friends, and ride and rate their coasters and overall park.
- Deformable Terrain: Bringing back a classic feature – the terrain will be completely deformable allowing players to build amazing rides and change the landscape as they do so in full 3D.
- Steam Trading Cards: Collect, trade or sell Steam Trading Cards.
- Full Park Management: Oversee different aspects of running a park to satisfy your park attendees and maximize your sales.
- Official website
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 information at IGN
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 False Trailer Controversy @ Gamesided.com (2013)
|RollerCoaster Tycoon Games|
|Compilations||RCT Deluxe • RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack • RCT3 Gold! • RCT3 Platinum! • World of RCT • RCT 6 Pack • RCT Mega Pack • RCT Classic|
|Spin-offs||The Board Game • Pinball Machine|