RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic is a port of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, released for Android and iOS on December 21, 2016 in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store respectively, Android and Kindle from the Amazon App Store in April 10, 2017, and for PC on September 28, 2017. It contains all of RCT2's scenarios, as well as ports of almost every RollerCoaster Tycoon, Added Attractions and Loopy Landscapes scenario. Wacky Worlds and Time Twister content, as well as a toolkit containing the scenario editor and the coaster designer grid, are available as separate in-app purchases in the mobile version while they are pre-installed in the PC version for free.
Its scenarios are divided into 10 difficulty groups: Graphite, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Amethyst, Coral, Ivory, Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Each group has 9 to 10 scenarios.
In January 2019, the Android port's price on the Google Play Store was accidentally set to "free" and the game was delisted from the Google Play Store shortly after.. Apparently, this was caused from technical difficulties and the game was re-released to the Google Play Store on March 7, 2019. Unfortunately, there is currently no option to restore previous purchases (including the game and in-app purchases), progress from Google Play cloud saves, and Google Play Games achievements from the previous Google Play release to the current Google Play release.
Sapphire Group (Blue):
Amethyst Group (Purple):
Coral Group (Orange):
Ivory Group (White):
Achievements for the Android version can be unlocked in Google Play Games when signed into Google Play Games. The Steam release currently does not support achievements. There are 11 achievements with one being a secret achievement.
|Icon||Achievement||Description||Play Games Rarity||Play Games XP|
|Complete Bonus Group||Complete the Bonus group of scenarios||Ultra Rare||10,000 XP|
- The game's main menu will play either the RCT1 or RCT2 music. The music track can be switched by closing the app and re-opening it.
- The Park Value scenarios from RCT1 have their minimum achievements raised from tens of thousands of dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars. This was done to reflect the difference in park value calculation between RCT1 and RCT2. Scenarios from RCT2 remain unchanged in this regard.
- Although RCTC includes Panda World and Panda Themeing, it is missing the Pink Water download from RollerCoaster Tycoon 2.
- Google Play Store (2016 release, no longer supported)
- App Store (iOS)
- Google Play Store (2019 re-release)
- Amazon App Store (USA) (no longer supported)
- Amazon App Store (UK) (no longer supported)
- Steam Store
- https://amzn.com/B06WRMQ66Y (USA), https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atari-Inc-RollerCoaster-Tycoon-Classic/dp/B06WRMQ66Y (UK)
- https://www.facebook.com/RCTClassic/posts/629459530835329, https://twitter.com/RCT_Classic/status/1104121368910680066, https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/03/07/atari-re-publishes-roller-coaster-tycoon-classic-after-brief-absence-from-play-store/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/rct/comments/aemdln/is_rollercoaster_tycoon_classic_free_on_android/?st=k3rpkig7&sh=2d6f3e63, https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/03/07/atari-re-publishes-roller-coaster-tycoon-classic-after-brief-absence-from-play-store/
|RollerCoaster Tycoon Games|
|Compilations||RCT Deluxe • RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack • RCT3 Gold! • RCT3 Gold Edition • RCT3 Platinum! • World of RCT • RCT 6 Pack • RCT Mega Pack • RCT3 Complete Edition|
|Ports/remakes||OpenRCT2 • RCT Classic|
|Spin-offs||RCT: The Board Game • RCT Pinball Machine • RCT Idle|