A monorail is a type of transport ride where trains are powered by a single rail along a track and can transport large amounts of guests.
Track is a box-section steel rail supported on square section steel posts. Trains are powered and run along the top of the rail with additional wheels on either side for stability.
- Maximum track slope - 25°
- Maximum height above ground - 32 feet
- Maximum number of stations = 4 per monorail
- Maximum 4 trains with 5 cars each per monorail
- Maximum 12 station sections (monorail makes use of maximum length 12 length station)
- Continuous circuit mode
- Shuttle mode
See also: Suspended Monorail
- The Monorail is the fastest form of transport ride, attaining speeds of 23 mph (in RCT and RCT2). If you have a very large and moderately flat park with lots of rides, a Monorail can be a very efficient form of transport if it is built in a loop around the park and at least. The Monorail can also be used in shuttle mode, where it starts from one station and goes to the other, stops, and goes backwards to the initial station. Shuttle mode can also be used for the Monorail train to go from a station to the end of the (abruptly-ending) track, where it will stop, reverse direction, and return to the station. The only problem with the Monorail is that it dramatically decreases speed when attempting to traverse a hill. In contrast, the speed will increase continuously when it is going downhill. The problem can be avoided if the Monorail track is completely level.
- In RCT3, improvements had been made to the ride. The monorail's speed can be set between 13.42 mph to 22.37 mph (21.60 km/h to 36.00 km/h). When the ride is going up a hill, the speed will decrease by about 10 km/h, which does not slow down as much as the earlier games. Similarly, the speed will increase by about 10 km/h when it is going downhill.
- Monorail 1 (Ivory Towers)
- Monorail 1 (Southern Sands)
- Monorail (Megaworld Park)
- Monorail Shuttle (Megaworld Park)
- Monorail (Alton Towers)
- Squirrel Nutty Monorail (Alton Towers)
- Hochbahn (Heide-Park)
- Monorail-Schwebebahn (Heide-Park)
- Monorail (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Metro (Six Flags Magic Mountain)
- Monorail Link (European Cultural Festival)
- Monorail 1 (Oasis)
- Monorail 1 (Japanese Coastal Reclaim)
- Monorail 1 (Renovation)
- Underground Monorails (Animatronic Film Set)
- Monorail 1 (Jurassic Safari)
- Monorail 2 (Jurassic Safari)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
- Studio Tour (Box Office)