Track has a box steel spine, connected to the inside edges of tubular steel running rails. Supports are large tubular steel posts. Trains are held on the track by wheels above, below, and outside the running rails.
Special Track Elements
- Banked Curves
- Vertical Drop
- Vertical Twist
- Steep Twist
- Banked Helix
- Large Over-Banked Curve (RCT3 only)
- Small Over-Banked Curve (RCT3 only)
- Banked curves - 50° banking (90° in RCT3)
- Maximum track slope - 90°
- Lift hill maximum slope - 25°
- Maximum height above ground - 420
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Hell Hound
- Krypton Dips
- Raven Racer
- Nitro (Six Flags Great Adventure)
- Goliath (Six Flags Magic Mountain)
- Titan (Six Flags Over Texas)
- Crazy Cerberus (Animatronic Film Set)
In Real Life
The Hyper-Twister Roller Coaster resembles the Bolliger & Mabillard Sit-Down Hyper. These coasters can go to heights of over 250 feet and can have many airtime hills. An example of this roller coaster in real life is Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure.
When using the narrow 2-across trains, the ride resembles the Giovanola Mega Coaster. Two of these rides were built, and both are in Six Flags parks featured in RCT2 - one is Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain and the other is Titan at Six Flags Over Texas. The two rides are similar, with Titan being slightly taller (but having an identical height drop) and having an extra helix before the mid-course brake run.