The Balloon Stall is a stall available in all three Tycoon games. It sells balloons to guests in the park. Once they purchase a balloon, they will carry it in their hands, and will be clearly visible. Although it may boost their happiness for a while, it acts as a souvenir, and does not serve a functional purpose.
This stall is usually pretty popular, and can give a small profit if sold for around $1.50. In Sandbox Mode and No-Money parks, balloons can be used to identify the flow of guests around your path-system by selling different colored balloons at multiple stalls. Usually, a mix of colors along your paths is best.
- Balloons were not colorable until the RollerCoaster Tycoon Expansion Packs were released. In RollerCoaster Tycoon, Balloons were only available in light blue. In RollerCoaster Tycoon and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, light blue is the default color of balloons.
- In RCT and RCT2, when you complete a scenario, all guests face the camera and clap for you. This causes them all to simultaneously let go of their balloons.
- In RCT and RCT2, guests will accidentally let go of balloons from time to time. Balloons are only ever lost in RCT3 when the guest leaves the park or when playing Mini Golf.
- If you click on a released balloon in RCT (only with expansion packs) or RCT2, it will pop. Balloons will also pop on their own if they rise above height 60.
- If you click on a balloon in RCT3 while a guest is holding it, the balloon pops, and they will act surprised and may go buy another balloon. After a while though, guests may get upset.
- If you put a guest in water while they are carrying a balloon, they will release it.